The Amplifier Probe is designed to identify and trace wires or cables within a group without damaging the insulation. It allows for pin point identification even in the most congested cable bundles. Our unit can be used with any tone generator.
Use the IDEAL Networks tone generator to apply a tone signal to a wire pair or single conductor, and trace with an amplifier probe. When used with the amplifier probe, the tone generator allows technicians to identify a wire within a bundle, at a cross connect or at a remote end. It can be used on twisted pair, coax, and de-energised AC wiring.
TRACETone® Tone Generator and Amplifier Probe (62-140)
- Test continuity and locate signal of installed wire and cable
- Two selectable tone styles and adjustable volume control
- Tone Generator & Amplifier Probe fit together for easy storage
- RJ-11 Alligator Clip, RJ-11 Cable Assembly included
- Works with any Tone Generator (62-160) to identify and trace wires within a group
- Volume control for increased sensitivity and adjustable to suit work environment
- Recessed ON/OFF button prevents battery drain
- Battery low indicator
- 9 volt battery included